April 29, 2010

Mickey's Halloween Parade

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is my very favorite Disney event. I've been to their Christmas party, 4th of July celebrations and Food & Wine Festivals, but this still remains my favorite. This was the main reason that we came back to Disney two years in a row. The themed decorations, the parade with it's haunting Boo to You music and the Hallowishes fireworks were unbelievably awesome! During the parade, one of the Lost Boys came over to Nico and shouted "hey, YOU are the real Peter Pan." The look on my boy's face was worth the trip. For the rest of the night, he really believed that he was Peter Pan in a way that only a 4 year old can.

This layout was definitely going to be a 2-pager. I had tons of photos but I narrowed it down to the 6 that I thought would best tell the story. The title is what it's all about - the one reason we came back to Disney. The black journaling spots are Jenni Bowlin and they were a perfect spot to tell my story.
I struggled with this layout a little. I knew I wanted the pictures and journaling spots staggered, but I couldn't get the embellishments to look right. I layed it out at the crop and then brought it home. After fiddling around with it, I kept the embellishment spots simple and uniform with bingo cards by Jenni Bowlin, baker's string and buttons from American Crafts. It didn't come out as elaborate as I had planned, but maybe simple is better in this case.

Thanks for taking a peek. Until the next post...

And, if you ever have a chance to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - go for it!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Your story made me tear up- i love disney!!! We just experienced MNSSHP last year with our 3 year old for the first time! Gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete