May 21, 2010

Christmas Eve Roundup


This is a quick and to the point layout. I didn't take too much time or fuss over it. Probably because I don't really like any of the pictures. But I thought the story was imporant. These are the 'best' shots I have of our Christmas Eve celebrations over the past 5 years. I know they are pitiful flash shots with ugly backgrounds but what can you do? What I do like is how they show the progression of our family and how quickly the kids are growing up.

The journaling explains how these are my best shots because I am usually running around entertaining, cooking and serving everyone. This is a holiday that I inherited from my parents' divorce and honestly it sucks. After five years, I'm finally starting to come to terms with it and am trying to stop and enjoy it more. I've recently realized how important it is for me to keep these family traditions going and how I want Nico and his cousins to celebrate Christmas Eve just like I did when I was a kid. I kept the journaling 'real' on this page, because sometimes holidays/my life/my family ain't a bowl o' cherries.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be back early next week with another Basic Grey Max & Whiskers page...

Nancy

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment