June 1, 2010

The Oasis

A collection of my favorite October Afternoon papers and a simple grid. That was the thinking behind this page. I sketched these boxes out on grid paper and then plugged in some of my favorite photos and embellishments. It's a very simple page and it took me just under an hour to put together. I love it when that happens!

This page tells the story of my Dad's backyard and how he has turned it into an oasis for the kids. When Nico was a year old, he had this huge play structure put up. He always has a shed full of waterguns, floats and motorized toys. And lastly, he installed a big slide to his pool this year for the kids to enjoy. The kids love it there and spend many Sunday afternoons swimming, sliding, eating and most importantly - gathering family.

(Supply list: Paper and Stickers: October Afternoon; House: American Crafts; Title: Doodlebug (aqua), Making Memories (cork); Metal Studs: Recollections).
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment