April 12, 2011

Beach Retreat

I spent this past weekend scrapping by the beach. Down at the Jersey shore if you will. Not that infamous Jersey shore (ha!), but Loveladies, NJ - a beautiful little Eastern seaboard town. This beach house is owned by a friend of a friend and he generously allows us to use it for our "once a year" girls' scrapping weekend.

Here's a peek at our weekend.  Our little retreat house...
My room with a view of the water.
The kitchen where we gather to eat some great meals. My friend Teri is an unbelievable cook and she spoils us all weekend long. Love that girl.
This is where we scrap. Right off the kitchen and with floor-to-ceiling views of the canal. It's just a beautiful space.
The nicest thing about having the house is that when you get tired of scrapping or need a break, there are plenty of places to escape to. I always make my way up to the rooftop patio just to look at the bay.
 And these are my scrappy friends. We became friends through a circle journal and we've been getting together once a month for dessert, pomegranate martinis and laughter for 7 years now. We've bonded over scrapbooking, life and the search for the perfect scrapbook store (we found it in Arizona). I am very lucky to have them!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that looks Fabulous!!!! I love that you girls get together and make wonderful memories...

    I adore the Jersey Shore!!!!!

    Wishing you a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How would we ever make without out friends? What a great place to scrap, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I have to ask -
    What is the perfect scrapbook store that you found?
    I live in Arizona! :o)

    ReplyDelete