June 6, 2011

Daily Junque & Straw

I just posted a recent assignment over on the Pink Paislee blog using the Daily Junque line. I love the colors in this line and they remind me so much of the quaint houses in St. Thomas, that I knew just the layout I wanted to do.

I layered lots of different patterned papers from the line until I had a nice summer palette. I then bought a cheap straw placemat at my local dollar store and cut it up to use on the layout.
 I used the Daily Junque twine to sew part of the title right on to the layout. The twine is just thin and silky enough to go right through the straw mat.
Lastly, I added some flags from the Daily Junque ephemera pack, buttons and paper flowers to draw the eye through the layout.
This page came together quickly once I added the straw mat. It really added the island feel and "pop" that I was looking for.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. YOur LO's are just adorable! I love the cleanness, but still so much to look at! Loved your LO on the C circle blog today, too!
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool page with the Daily Junque line!
    Love the use of the straw mat.
    You do fabulous work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Nancy - love how you used the placemat on this - such a fun idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embroidery on this is genius! I thought the placemat was actually burlap ~ a dollar store placemat makes me love this even more. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete