August 11, 2011

Pink Paislee's Nantucket

My poor neglected blog. It's a victim of the summer and very hot weather we've been having in the Northeast. We escape every day to the beach, the waterpark or anywhere we can cool off. Nico has just started summer camp this week for the first time so I've finally had some down time.

I sat down this week and made a page with Pink Paislee's new Nantucket line. It's one of the very few tropical lines that came out in 2011 and I was so happy to dig right in. I started with a page about our trip to Mexico two years ago. It's just a general overview page of the things that we loved, the beach and some of our favorite things.
The entire page was built around the honeycomb shape chipboard embellishment. One of my favorite Pink Paislee products ever. To keep the shapes perfectly aligned, I popped all of the pieces out and used the negative as a stencil. I lightly traced the hexagon shapes right on to the patterned paper and then simply stuck on all of my shapes.
To see a picture depicting exactly how I did it, you can visit the Pink Paislee blog and see my post dated 8/11/11. I deleted the photo before I got a chance to post it here. Sorry!
I also cut a few of those honeycomb shapes out and placed tiny, 1-inch photos behind the paper. I like the window effect and "peeking" through photos.
The title was created with Pink Paislee's Wood Shop letters and painted a bright aqua blue.  I added a few layers of die cuts and wood starfish from the Nantucket line to complete the page.

Thanks so much for taking a look. I'll be blogging on a much more regular basis now that summertime is winding down. I am so looking forward to spending more time creating. I miss it!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeousness, Nancy!!! So so pretty!! I love the design and the color palette is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this LO!!!! You always amaze me! I love looking through scrapbook magazines and online areas and guessing which LOs you made before looking at the "by"! ps. I'm pretty good at knowing which ones are yours, with their clean lines and perfect color choices, it's pretty easy! :) Thanks for the inspiration! I love to ssee what you come up with!
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely! I have been resisting pre-ordering this line in my effort to be good, but now I see that resistance is futile and I must have it! Thanks for sharing that LO!

    ReplyDelete