July 24, 2012

Winner + Crate Little Boy Blue

Winner of an Echo Park collection of her choice is: 

Anonymous said...Love your layout Nancy! Echo Park is one of my favorites. 2 Peas name is AnissaScraps.

Winner of a spot in my class at Two Peas "Scrapbooking Family Vacations" is:

I have three Disney trips to scrap and a trip to Wisconsin Dells. This is a much needed class for me!!! Besides I LOVE your work! thanks for the chance   2peas: momma paparazzi  
Congrats to the winners! I'll be in touch shortly to let you know how to collect your prizes. Enjoy!
And now on to the layout...
As Nico gets older, I find myself reaching for his baby photos more and more. I think it's my way of actually re-living his babyhood without actually having the baby part. I pulled this set of photos out and wasn't sure if I was going to go with the Elmo theme, or something a little more neutral. Getting these papers from Crate Paper's Little Boy Blue collection pushed me in the neutral direction. I guess Elmo stands out enough in the pictures that he really needs no extra "theming."
layout copyright twopeasinabucket.com
My favorite part of the collection is the deep, rich color palette. It's vintage, but not pale and I like that. The bold colors are set off by adding doses of gray and wood neutrals. This lets that bold blue and red pattern really stand out.
View the entire collection by clicking on the icon above.
The first paper I reached for was this great tag paper. I cut it up and lined them up, making nice textured rows of tags. I added some brads and twine to break up the "flatness" of the tags, a gray flair button to indicate how old he was (just 7 months) and a little journaling for my story.
For decoration I added an accordion flower, a label sticker and a wood-toned sticker. The flower was grounded to the layout on a strip of blue border sticker. This repeats the colors in the layout and adds something fun (without being overly feminine) to the page.
Reminiscing with Elmo was fun. Tomorrow we'll play summer photo catch up. And my goodness do I have a ton of summer photos already...

4 comments:

  1. Love your layout Nancy!! I just ordered this line and can't wait to make my son's baby book (he's 15 yo and I still haven't made it yet!!). Love how you used those tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I'll probably still be doing Nico baby layouts when he's 15 (and enjoying it too). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, THANK YOU!!! for the class!! ;) I love it, too! Second, adorable page!!! He sure hasn't changed much. :) I too love how you used the tags. And, with the inception of digital and getting a good digi camera right before Ben was born 5.5 yrs ago, I will be scrapping his baby photos for many years to come, and very much enjoying it reliving his baby years! I have more pics of him than my girls. Though, they are much older (24 & 14).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors in this collection are perfect with your photos! Good call on ditching an Elmo theme! Your LO is just fabulous all around! TFS!

    ReplyDelete