October 15, 2012

Echo Park Everyday Eclectic

Pretty Everyday Eclectic. This was my favorite Echo Park release this summer. It's almost like they took the boardwalk scene photos at some of my favorite beach locations on the East Coast. Love the muted colors of the realistic photos in contrast with the bold patterns.

These photos of Nico on the rides seemed like a perfect fit. The gist of the page is about how I loved to watch him go on rides at this age. I want to remember a time when such simple, no big-thrill ride could make him laugh and smile so big. The photo I wish I had is one of my husband and I smiling right back at him.
I started the page with the wood patterned paper and layered strips of color, photorealistic patterned paper and card stock to create a linear and bold page.
I cut the two polaroid frames with my Silhouette and then added images that were included in the collection. They look like photos I took, but they're not. Thank you Everyday Eclectic for that part!
And finally the line I was waiting for! SN@P by Simple Stories. So beautiful that it may actually convince me to do a Project Life-type of project.
SNAP Fundamental Stickers
 Love the bold colors and icons. Especially the camera!
SNAP Patterned Paper Collection
 Crisp white + color = LOVE
3x4 SNAP Cards
 Project Life cards or nice title blocks for scrapbook layouts.
SNAP Icon Sticker Pack
 A collection of pretty stickers in a pack. There's that camera again.
SNAP Label Stickers
And for the office supply junkie in me...these are a must.

I'm really thinking about using this system to store all of the Disney Cruise photos in. Just to print all of those pictures out, journal the memories and have it ready to flip through would be awesome. Let me think this through a bit and I'll be back with a video of my process.

4 comments:

  1. Love the LO! Snap is my absolute favorite as well and I can't wait to see the video of your process. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the layout. The Snap line is awesome. Heard about it but didn't see it. This might be a must have. Anxious to see what you do with it. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a neat page!!! I love how you used that line!!! I have so many pics from rides at the fair. May I scraplift this one??

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little "polaroid photos" look like real things=) As if you were all in them and someone took photos.

    ReplyDelete