June 25, 2014

Two Peas Farewell


Seems so wrong to see this here. How can it be that Two Peas will soon no longer be? It's truly the end of an era. I've been around since the day they first opened 15 years ago. I had a weird fascination with these stickers of bald little babies (Bryce & Madeline, anyone?) and Two Peas was the only place that carried them.

Years later, it was Two Peas that pulled me out of a creative funk. It was something to look forward to, escape to, aspire to. Becoming a Garden Girl was one of the most out-of-the-blue things that has ever happened to me. It wasn't a design team you could apply or and we jokingly compared it to the mafia - you don't find them, they find you. I've learned so much about design, technology, video and teaching over the years. Two Peas pushed me creatively, fed my story-loving soul. I will always be grateful for the opportunities that came from being a Garden Girl and most of all for allowing me to share my story and ideas with kindred spirits.

Nothing good or bad stays the same. Today it was the good.




10 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the time and energy you put into inspiring others! I've truly loved every video and layout you've shared with us over the years. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully written tribute Nancy - well said! You were always one of my favorite Garden Girls and I love your layouts and your videos. I hope you will continue to make process videos and share your wonderful tips on scrapbooking vacations. Thanks for all your hard work over the years xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. I will miss Two Peas so much. The garden girl videos are so inspiring. Yours are my favorite and will be missed. Let us know if you decide to make ideas somewhere else so we can catch them! Good luck in future endeavors! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all of the inspiration that you have shared! I will continue following you here, and want to let you know how much your time and creativity is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very kind and inspiring words. I will miss all the talented work by the GG. I have always enjoyed your process videos. Hope you get the rights to them. Plase keep us posted on where we can continue to follow your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your style Nancy I hope you will still be sharing your inspiration with us somewhere new soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will miss your videos and pages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was sad to hear the news too! I do love all your pages and your great style! You layer your pages so nicely and they always look like they came straight out of a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well said. Thank you for all the inspiration you have shared!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sad to see an end of an era... You were one of my favorite garden girls. ;) I had to come over and make sure I started following your blog. I wish you all the best and I know I will continued to be inspired by you wherever you land. :)

    ReplyDelete