November 5, 2014

Scraptastic Heart it Races Kit


This month I've been working with the Scraptastic Heart it Races Kit and Add-On. I chose this set to work with because I love all the bright colors and graphic feel. It can be used for so many different types of pages and that's what I tried to do this month - a mix of every day, vacation, girl centered and neutral layouts.


This file folder paper from Maggie Holmes latest collection is one of my favorites. I cut it up here and used it to balance out a enlarged photo from my son's birthday party. The story is about our tradition of gathering the balloons and doing a release at the end of all his parties. It's one of my favorite moments and I was lucky enough to have this picture of it.
This page was built around the colorful "paint swish" paper from Chickaniddy's Scrumptious collection. I thought it would make the perfect backdrop for some of our Disneyland photos. This one is the moment the kids first hit Main Street in all their silly glory.
The last layout was created around another favorite pattern - the stacked titles in this bright Studio Calico paper. It gave me a great girl palette to work with. The story here is about just that - the little girl in our lives and how even in the midst of boy centric Legoland, she finds the brightest pink girl spot.
Three very different pages all created with one kit. That's what I love about Scraptastic and how they put things together. The kits are packed and the palettes work with all types of photos. Makes my life easier for sure!



















8 comments:

  1. Seriously, I could look at your pages forever. You think of the coolest ways to use everything. That balloon release photo is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madeline! The photo here made this page. I was lucky that someone was standing around and capture it. We've been doing this since the kids were toddlers and this is the first one captured on film.

      Delete
  2. These layouts are all so much fun! I especially love your first layout and how you used the tabs!!! Looks like a great kit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a great kit. The colors were perfect. Thanks Mendi!

      Delete
  3. I agree I love your layouts. Love the bright colors you use and the way you use your papers and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel like i always say the same thing "i love your layouts" they are always so colorful and somehow they make me happy because the kids look sooo happy in the pictures and also because it always makes me want to make a layout myself.! Anyways, i buy magazines, i check out pages on the internet but my favorite are always yours! thanks for inspiring me and for spreading joy the way you do!!! Love, Rachel (the french girl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! You are too kind. To put something that you love with your whole heart out there and get this kind of response is why I do what I do. :)

      Delete
  5. Nancy, I too love looking at your gorgeous layouts. You provide so much inspiration on how to use some of those harder to use papers. Thankyou for being willing to share with us all :-). I would just like to ask if you can remember what the background paper with the days of the week on is on the layout titled 'This Good Stuff'. Many Thanks

    ReplyDelete